Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General - Free Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kam`
Janitor

re: [INFO] Recent Emulator Work (2012)

For those interested in learning the inner workings of MMO game design or online game and community management, there may be some relief from the cesspool of the "top 100" vote-mills and donor-scam servers, which some of you know all too well.

I am presently working again as a GM (though not Admin) at a small well-regarded custom server, and hope to have a couple more legit "sandbox" servers available in the next two to three months (mid 2012) which will preserve our past and present accomplishments in something of a "virtual museum"-- possibly even run concurrent servers, organized by expansion (would require more than one client installation of WoW though, to do it right).

As always, time will tell.

This is by no means any alternative to regular retail WoW, since it will never be on the same "patch" as the main live servers. Also, our website here at guildlaunch will remain ad-free and devoted to Blizzard's Game and Our Guild's presence on their Realms for as long as possible, and this small space within the website will likewise be reserved only for Our Guild's "extended presence" there.

Thanks for reading.

Wickedly Yours,
Kam'
Abijim

Good to hear from you again Kam! And this certainly does sound exciting. You have my interests peaked. Looking forward to see how it goes!

Thanks!
Kam`
Janitor

The powers that be at KPs Den have promoted me recently (again) to fill in for our second Admin in charge, since he is expecting a baby son soon. There is a good chance that I will stay at the "Developer" level here on out, since I am taking on more of that role, and learning additional low level admin functions.

So, as mentioned in the GW2 thread, if you have any interest in a stable, fun, old-school WotLK level experience, which is partly soloable, we're at patch 3.3.5a (build 12340); the last one before Catajism was released, and the old maps changed. It obviously ain't WoWRage though, exactly, and only about 85% of the content works properly overall, but it's a diamond in the rough, and "killing the time... nicely"

Server population is low, as expected; very low and almost nonexistent, heh. All the better for my brand of mischief, mayhem, and occasionally random newbies running around with "Lady Vajsh's Chain Lighting" memmed in their spellbooks.

DOT CAKE, MF!

<3
SolusEmsu
Officer

Oh god, oh god, they gave Kam the .cake powers again. WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN!?

At this time, though, I am not really looking for another new server thing, unless my subscription becomes unpayable. I know many are blah about Cataclysm and the upcoming Pandaria, but I am actually enjoying a lot of the changes. I just keep raising up alts!

Good luck out there, I hope it stays strong for a long time yet.
Gordox
Friend of WT

checked out the website looks like a fun private server, get rid of the donor gear and I would pry stop by....been looking for a reason to update my copied version of wow that I used to play on wowrage :P
Aladdin
Friend of WT

Kam' wrote:
and occasionally random newbies running around with "Lady Vajsh's Chain Lighting" memmed in their spellbooks.
DOT CAKE, MF!
<3

That was some crazy fun back on wowrage zapping entire fields with that spell. '

How does one get involved in said shenanigans?
Kam`
Janitor

G'day, main website is www.kpsden.com

Forums (registering recommended) is www.kpsforum.com

If I recall correctly, somewhere there is a link to a full torrent to a no-install, fully working, copy of client 3.3.5a (build 12340). It's about 6 Gigabytes, maybe more.

One can register an account at http://www.kpsden.com/wow_reg.php

But you'll need a working "enUS" (or similar language) client to play.

It's a fun li'l complete waste of time!

.cake ^^
Sunuani
Friend of WT

so do you count as a referrer?
Kam`
Janitor

Hi, sure Sunny!
Abijim

Hmm, cant get that client to connect. Im gonna keep it up.
Abijim

Got it to work. For some reason the Loader given was making it so that the Realmlist was "Set realmlist kpsden.com, not set realmlist wow.kpsden.com."

Ahh the memories!

How can i find ya Kam?
Shoozadin

Well, despite hearing "negative" things about private servers (More like "you won't like it because you've only played retail) I'll be joining soon just to see what WoW was like before cata. (Since I've only been playing for about a year now).

Kind of interesting to see what the old world looks like. I have a feeling I'll get lost a couple times. Lol.

~Shooz
Kam`
Janitor

Hi

Ya, Jim you got it. One can also use
Code: Select all
set realmlist 72.9.227.4

OMGShooz! The deal with private servers is really a tradeoff; fun and doing stuff you can't do on live "retail" servers, versus, everything works and everyone's pretty much the same. Wrath servers will be around a while, since to many players who we get feedback from, Cata just wasn't the same game, and it really wasn't. Blizz just changed the game a little too much, perhaps.

So, yeah, it is a moment in time, preserved, to play on a dedicated 3.3.5a server. This server group has been around since TBC, so it'll likely be around for many more years. KP may introduce a good "Cata" server in addition to the Wrath server, but only when it's working well enough (right now Cata emulators are really bad, nigh, unplayable on most repack realms). My best advice for those new to emu's is simply not to use the same login/passwords that you'd use on Blizzard's server; but it is no big deal if you do, it is just to keep a convenience thing to keep 'real' accounts separate from the fun server accounts, in case you use different addons. (For example, at least while soloing, things like threat meters (Omen) aren't really very useful, so i had them turned off on my emu accounts)

FYI, my main GM characters are 'Ash' and 'Azh' and can always add my 'main' toons to friends list: Noc, Ekho, Kly, Artimorteus or just /who all wicked when you're ingame. If no one else is on, you just missed us.

I think Jim was on tonight about 8PM but we missed each other. Sorry!

Cheers

=)

EDIT (Fri:PM/Sat:AM): So sorry I missed you a few hours ago, again, Jim! Very bad day/weekend so far; as such, my time will be spotty until Tuesday or so. Anyone you may see *should* know that you are "Guild on Sight"-- only one guy who won't know y'all yet, is "Orathor" but he is genuinely good company, and knows this game inside and out. ^^
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General - Free Servers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum