This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> Site Admin News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kam`
Janitor

re: Admin from Hell...

WoWWiki Netwits

This is a short summary, edited for clarity, of what has transpired over the last few days with my attempts to retreive our original wiki entry:

Deleted Guild Page without notice or explanation, Attn: Pcj

Hello, I represent the WoW Guild "Wicked Tribe" on the Doomhammer US server in World of Warcraft, and would like for our Wiki article to be fully restored as soon as possible. It was deleted without comment or notice, either by mistake or malice, by "Pcj" according to the e-mail notice dated 2-25-09, and was linked to from this page: http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Doomhammer_US, as are many of the other guilds.

The article was drafted to inform other WoW players of our history, structure, and principles, and was edited by another Admin already once who provided additional formatting and tags, and there is no reason that it should have been deleted in this manner.

It is not unreasonable to expect a reply within 48 hours, based on the number of posts here, and evidently deleting guild pages is not something Pcj normally does.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards —The preceding unsigned comment was added by J***** (talk · contr).

See WW:GUILD. --PcjCreator of WoWWiki's hover tooltips; WoWWiki admin

I have. What exactly is the trouble? Please restore the page if you will not direct me to what must be changed.

Thank You. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by J***** (talk · contr).

It was not properly categorized. --PcjCreator of WoWWiki's hover tooltips; WoWWiki admin

Was it not stubbed properly by another Admin some time around 2/4? I'd like to be able to check the revision history again, and compare it to the guidelines page.

Thank You ````

EDIT: My mistake, it was 1/24 by Admin Gourra

Quote:
WoWWiki page Guild:Wicked Tribe (Doomhammer US) has been changed by Gourra

Inbox

Wikia <community@wikia.com> Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Reply-To: reply@not.possible To: ***************@gmail.com

Dear J****,

There has been an edit to a page you are watching on WoWWiki.

See http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild:Wicked_Tribe_%28Doomhammer_US%29 for the current version.

To see all changes to this page since your last visit, click here: http://www.wowwiki.com/index.php?title=Guild:Wicked_Tribe_%28Doomhammer_US%29&diff=0&oldid=1753236

No edit summary was given

--J***** (talk) 01:24, 28 February 2009 (UTC)

I didn't add any categories that would make the article categorized. --gOurra[T҂C] 08:46, 28 February 2009 (UTC)

You didn't bother to summarize the changes either, nor include any remark about the two missing categories, so how was the author to know? At the time the article was written there was nothing which was intuitively found in wiki's policies or guidelines which directed one to read your full guild article tos, specifically with regards to "missing categories" (we just copied the form of what was an acceptible guild article at the time), and given the number of guilds which have had similar article structure it would be more time efficient for everyone moving forward for WoWWiki to include some warning before articles are deleted, and we wind up here.

Naturally you both may disagree, and evidently neither of you intend to be helpful and restore our page so that these two lines can be added: Categories Horde Guilds, and PvE guilds. One can take for granted that it would have to be rewritten from scratch, and that through warningless policy changes in the future others may likely find some other reason to delete it.

If being an Admin is merely the power to exercise brevity, you both excel at it.

Forgive me for expecting more.

--J***** (talk) 22:36, 28 February 2009 (UTC)

You obviously saw what Gourra put on your page, maybe you should have read it. See {{Stub/Guild}} for what it says. I will restore it if you apologize for lying about the guild policies not being fully in place at the time you created the page and for expecting us to neglect the policy for you. --PcjCreator of WoWWiki's hover tooltips

I will not apologise to you or anyone else for "lying," and I accuse you of gross misconduct since you are apt to bend policy on the condition of receiving an apology to which you are not entitled; rather than to just restore the article by request on the condition that it be changed to fit into the two extra categories you very reluctantly called my attention to.

The policies and guidelines to which I linked were indeed read by me when I made an account and before publishing, and I followed the template of an already existing guild article, and in fact read the WW:Guild policies upon your stunted "See WW:Guild" reply. You gave no indication what was wrong with the Guild Article until after that time, and despite the evidence that another Admin had seen and edited it without comment, you cut me no slack for trying to understand what had happened or what was wrong, or for trying to comply.

You aren't simply unhelpful, you are complexedly so.

And I know even better now what not to ask for.

And from whom.

--J***** (talk) 17:42, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

If you cannot follow policy, I cannot help you. As an administrator, I am enforcing policy, and I make no apology for it. --{{User:Pcj/sig}} 19:09, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

I have shown a willingness and readiness to follow policies which are clear and abundantly available, generally and specifically with regards to the "improper categorization" which you had to be prodded to identify (in our Guild's case, it is still assumed- simply missing "Horde Guilds" and "PvE Guilds" tags), so you are intentionally mischaracterising our discourse and disparaging me personally.

As an Administrator who has demanded an apology from me to which you are not due, and will not receive, and who has selectively and contingently enforced policy, it is bare naked that you make no apologies of any sort; even if you could not conduct your affairs any less charitably, civily, or diligently.

Upon checking our guild link again, our article still has not been restored as well-requested three times before, and that I will not be given the opportunity to "follow policy" and to correct any categorization problems with the original copy.

You have refrained from any and all assistance deliberately, and exercised the worst discretion imaginable.

That- is thoroughly sorry.

--J***** (talk) 21:36, 2 March 2009 (UTC)

Please discontinue this harassment or I will take measures to ensure that you do. --PcjCreator of WoWWiki's hover tooltips; WoWWiki admin

Harassment, huh? "Tu coque"

Ten minutes later, the Admin barks "sorry" and goads us to publish a new article. Well, DUH, we figured that out, genius; that wasn't the point. "gee guys you can just resubmit" hardly necessitates threats to ban me or bar one from access to publishing.

I have retrieved a copy of the original text from a cached page from a leading search engine, and will be updating it and reformatting within the next week or so.

There have been lots of ads creeping onto WoWWiki pages lately, from gold sellers to "guide sellers"-- their cheese is sliding right the fuck off their cracker, methinks.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> Site Admin News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum