Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General - Free Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kam`
Janitor

re: WoWRage.US update

Some bad news...

Despite careful and regular backups of the Beta server's database, my server has suffered a catastrophic core break that is unrepairable because the original binaries were not compiled by me; we operated a well-known repack for almost two years, and tweaked it to suit our needs.

Over time, changes became a little overwhelming to me, given the absence of more experience and better midware. My recent attempts to compile a similar core from scratch have been incompatible with the last version of Jeutie's that I have, so sadly, without more expertise, my home-box LAN project is presently deceased.

I've paid for three years of domain registration for wowrage dot US and have declined buying wowrage dot com from the idiot who believes it is worth several thousand dollars (lol).

So...

If and when we come back, it will be with local-compiled binaries on the latest and greatest trinitycore and a stable custom database which will allow transmog, reforging, and the few extra perks that made our solo server project a unique but challenging personal experience.

No ETA, sorry to say.

Recent events have taken a significant toll on my leisure time and willpower.

Thanks for reading

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General - Free Servers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum