Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General - Free Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kam`
Janitor

re: No longer GM, left KPsN

For anyone following the "free" server drama, I have stepped down as GM at The Den, and have left KingPin's "KPsN" Network as Staff.

Alot of factors were at play, it is not ALL any ONE person's fault, but I honestly feel like we were set up to fail, or that I was to take the blame for things I had no control over.

The last few weeks have been miserable attempts to get Truice to work remotely, in order to fix a backlog of MONTHS worth of bugs and hundreds of TDB database errors, or, fuck- even to keep the server online at all.

Days upon days of contiguous downtime, and repeated system failures recently have convinced me that my time is better spent either working on my own local boxes in the future, or joining a larger community that is a better fit for my present skills and level of system understanding and capabilities.

The attempt to run a fun but challenging "hardcore" type server was a failure for the malcontents and whiners who want everything "free, perfect, and yesterday" and the decision to abandon the original high-rate custom-donor server was not mine to make.
SolusEmsu
Officer

re: No longer GM, left KPsN

Sorry to see you are still having issues, Kam.

But! You are still and always welcome on Doomhammer! :D

Also, .cake forever.

P.S. Going to un-sticky your original post about it, since your leaving invalidates it.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General - Free Servers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum