Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alorota

re: Alo's Wifi Hacked

Just to give everyone a bit of an update as to why I haven't been on or talking much while I'm on, My wifi was hacked while I was at a truck stop.  I only have 5 gig of useage a month and normally I can play wow all month and never top 2 gig.  Early this month I accidently left my wifi card on while I was sleeping and someone hacked it.  They downloaded close to 3 gigs of data of illegal data, aka music, video etc.  My account was temporarily suspended.  I have worked with Verizon and my account has been reinstated but they can't (or won't) return the data allotment taken.  I have to wait till my normal reset period.  I still have a very LIMITED amount of data left, but I am going to have to watch my time closely.  If all goes well, I will be back on regularly in 7-10 days.

SolusEmsu
Officer

re: Alo's Wifi Hacked

That right there would be a "won't" situation. :P They can do that easily, a simple 5-second entry in the server's data log for your account.

But hey, no one ever said big companies have to be nice anymore, that is for small mom-n-pop stores, and that is why they go out of business! /reaganomics

Ah well. Do what you need to do, and try to stay (in)sane for the remaining time!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: