Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shoozadin

re: Can't stop crashing :\

Ok, so since the new patch, I have done nothing but crash. I've especially noticed this on my Death Knights (one on Doomhammer, the other on Stormreaver) I really don't know what's causing this...and I was hoping someone could help.

So far, I've tried:
-Disabling all Add-ons
-Uninstalling all but my favorite add-ons
-using the "wowrepair" tool in my applications folder
-checking to make sure the newest update is fully downloaded before launching the game
-Restarting my computer
-Restarting my modem
-clearing cache
-Graphics settings are at the absolute minimum

nothing works. My DK takes 5 steps and the game just closes out. I was doing fine on Omgshooz, my hunter, until I was flying around in orgrimmar and suddenly the game froze and has yet to crash out, but its been frozen for 5 minutes, so I can only assume I need to force quit the tastk

If it helps, I'm running on a mac, and no, I highly doubt that the fact that I'm using a mac is the problem ;) This machine has a beast of a processor and graphics card

IDK what else to do, but I can say I'm getting extremely pissed with it all and I might just have to do a clean install, but I'm dreading that because it will take hours and hours of time i dont have .

Any suggestions? :\

Thanks
-Janelle
Shoozadin

and this morning I have graduated to not even getting past the log-in screen and the game closes out. I'm pulling my hair out here. I seriously don't know what the heck to do anymore.
Abijim

I have 2 suggestions.
1.) Go to your WoW Folder. Take your WTF folder, and put it on your Desktop. Now try to run WoW. If it runs fine then its something in that folder. The WTF folder just keeps your settings for the game and your addons.
2.) Try updating all of your addons. If you use the Curse.com client, it will update everything for you.

Another one came to mind:
If you can get to the log-in screen go to your video options and turn everything doen to the lowest setting.

I highly recommend moving the WTF folder to see if that helps.
Shoozadin

Tried it. I did everything on the "answers" area for mac users. Moved the WTF folder, moved my config folder, moved so many damn folders idk whats going on anymore LOL

Right now I'm re-installing WoW....gonna be a long day for me. If that doesnt fix the problem, I've also submitted a support ticket in the meantime.
Wargra
Officer

video and sound drivers up to date? I don't know macs, but if they changed something that wants a newer driver it could cause some issues.
Wiltedwillow

i think re-installing is the best bet sadly.
Shoozadin

Reinstall fixed the problem....so far....gonna reinstall one add-on at a time to see which one might have caused it....then again coulda been a corruption
Wargra
Officer

yup, it happens...glad it seems ok now
Gordox
Friend of WT

I've had that problem before ended up being my video card taking a poop , but hope what everyone else has told you works out and that is not the case Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: