Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

re: Guild Bank

At the moment we are having some issues involving the guild bank and a certain guil dmember (who has temporarily been gkicked). Here is Blizz's response to the currwent situation

Greetings David,
Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.
Petition: Not sure if this ticket belongs in this category. Quicksilver is a member of our guild we have reason to believe his account has been hacked. He is not responsive to whispers or guild chat which is unlike him. He has emptied our guild vault (which is another issue). His notes in guild info have changed to something we as a guild do not think he would do. I am hoping there is soemthing that can be done to verify his account.

Answer: Unfortunately for privacy reasons we cannot address an account as compromised unless reported from that account itself. If that player cannot acess the account he will need to contact Billing to have his identity confirmed. Once the account is back in his control we can work on restoration of any items/gold/characters that may have been lost. If this player removed any items from the guild bank they will be restored to him during this, and he can then return them to the bank.

Should you require further assistance, please submit another help request the next time you are online. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft! For any game play questions, please refer to our site at http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/

*** Please do not respond to this email as all conversations on this matter would be best handled online. ***

Regards,SuzutoyoGame MasterBlizzard Entertainmentwww.worldofwarcraft.com
Kam`
Janitor

Any word from Clarkj about this? Clark and Quicksliver are friends.
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

Haven't seen Clarkj in a while I thought he was on wowrage with you...

just hoping he actually was hacked cause it does not seem like something he would do.

Spoke to Quick today (april27th) it was not him his account was hacked. He is working with Blizz to recover the lost items and he has been welcomed back into the Tribe.

In the meantime bank access is still turned off until we sort out a better way of maintaining so security. Atm the opinion is give everyomne access to repair money and small withdrawel amount. Only around 1-3 item withdrawels and myself and officers having complete access to hand out any items someone may want or need.

I think that system shoudl be given a try and maybe go 5items/stacks limit. Only reason this happened is cause some wanker hacked quick's account.
Kam`
Janitor

This is a bigger problem than players may realize, you might want to rethink security measures entirely; strengthen them, in fact.

It is my understanding that so-called "gold farmers" have resorted to simple account thievery these days, via key loggers and simple plug and chug crackers; more-so than the old spawn-camping, botting, and daily questing and grinding.

In my way of thinking, each guild member should be responsible for their own daily equipment repairs (and no one else's), and the guild bank should not be a second or third storage area. The ideal Guild Bank would be an -empty- one, not a full one; and we got by just fine for three years with just mules and alts to store junk "someone might use someday."

Do what you think is best for WT. =)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: