Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lokadtwist

re: Loka is offline, again *sigh*

Hey guys, currently my compy is waiting to get fixed again. This last monday, the fan started making a bad sort of sound that seemed to slow down like it was having trouble maintaining speed. So I shut my compy off and am waiting to get it to a tech to get it fixed. Hopefully I'll be back online soon. I'll see if I can't get online by saturday or at least leave an update.
Kam`
Janitor

Ya fan ball bearings do indeed wear out, and some PC designs and cases require alot more maintenance than others.

Our Acer Aspire towers, for example, require about three times the upkeep than our HPs or Dells, since they rather oddly have only ONE fan each... which doubles as both the CPU heat sink fan and the case fan (vented directly from the CPU to the case vent holes) [see below].

The best fix for thermal problems like that is replace the noisy fan(s), but also to take a vacuum cleaner with attachments and suck out all the dust and gunk in and around the heat sink of the CPU. It'll run like new, or at least, a lot cooler- for longer. Most PCs need this sort of service once or twice per year... unless you have an Acer, heh, then it's almost monthly!

Forum Image

Forum Image

Best Regards
Abijim

I have always been afraid of using a vacuum on my computers due to static build up. But i have a compressor with a water particulate catcher on it. Works great.
Lokadtwist

As silly as it sounds what seems to have solved my little problem is a well placed slap to the back of the compy. Go figure.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: