Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

With 5.4 starting tomorrow how does WT proceed?
Carry on with ToT progression
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jump straight into SoO
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

re: 5.4 Starts Tomorrow

OK with 5.4 rolling out tomorrow I am wondering what type of path everyone is interested in taking.

1. Carry on with ToT (raid wide debuff starts)

2. Plow into SoO full speed and don't look back.

Personally I feel stopping our ToT progression and jumping straight into SoO is the correct path for this guild. Reading alot of forum posts that suggest the 1st 3 bosses inside SoO are pretty simple mechanics (dont stand in shit, add phases, tank survival/swapping). I have a feeling this patch will treat WT like the patch that brought us DS. We were not finished with or even really started Firelands and went into DS, then returned to finish off Bastion, the other one and Firelands(which we still havent done complete as a guild).

So my vote is SoO. We also need to reschedule or raid nights. We need to get both nights so we can have Fuglee and some other people with other commitments on BOTH of out raid nights.
Shoozadin

Hmm...wouldn't let me cast a vote after logging in.

I vote Siege, but unfortunately since it is the first raid lockout, I will be hitting the instance insanely hard for the first week. (I'm most likely going to miss Thursday and not 100% sure on Monday, though I will try and push for the day off, I'm not certain yet). However that limitation is only for the first week, after that I am free on any days other than Tues/Wed/Sun.

EDIT :

Changing my stance on this one. Im starting to realize that half of our members lack the gear to even do ToT. Mayhaps when more people are at least above the 510 ilevel will it be a viable option. Now I know it's not your or Chris' fault that people are still undergeared, but it is something that will hold us all back

Last edited by Shoozadin on Mon Sep 09, 2013 21:00:03; edited 1 time in total
Doruidoushi
Friend of WT

At the current moment I am able to do any night. I am down for SoO. I think it will be fun.
Ragepyre
Officer

It's definitely going to be SoO. This happened in Cataclysm too if you remember. We sorta jumped right into Dragon Soul, skipping the Firelands entirely. We seem to have trouble with the 2nd tier of content per expansion. Except WotLK. Snaxxramas? Check. Malygos.... ok maybe not check, but we did get him down during Ulduar. Sartharion's Lair? Check. Ulduar? Super Check, with the exception of Yogg-Saron himself. And to this date, Mimiron STILL holds the record of most WT wipes. That sonavabitch. As for T9 content. Onyxia's Lair? Super check. TotC? Check. And lastly, ICC, end game content for that expansion, super check.
Cata was.... interesting. Our raiding patterns were quite sporadic, but hey, we farmed Deathwing didn't we?

I say we charge straight at Hellscream, try to get as far as we can before the Progression Buff takes affect, so we can flex our muscles and say "We did that before it was cool".
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

Shoozadin wrote:
I will be hitting the instance insanely hard for the first week.

I assume that is on Thrall, and if so, I also assume Jim will be with you?

Also most of the core group is over 510, it is the part-time players that are a bit low (me included). But I believe we should do it regardless. If it ends up like beating a dead horse then we rethink it.

No one really thought we could down the 1st boss in DS or ToT and did that no problem. Then loosing people to other commitments and summer vacation kind of screwed us on normal progression through ToT.

We need 2 consistent days with a consistent group to move along and we are not getting that for one reason or another.
Shoozadin

Vilvaldi wrote:
Shoozadin wrote:
I will be hitting the instance insanely hard for the first week.

I assume that is on Thrall, and if so, I also assume Jim will be with you?

Yes, It is on thrall and Jim will be with me. However Chris did know that the first week of the new raid would be a bit sketchy for us to join you in the first place. I was promised this will be the only week that overlaps onto WT time.
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

I just wasnt sure. Hope it goes well.

Also we might want to try Flex too, I read some people are saying with 10 its like LFR except you actually have to pay attention to mechanics.....
Shoozadin

Well, I can tell you now normal Immerseus is a lather/rinse/repeat fight. You do the same 3 mechanics over and over and over until he's cleansed.

Shrug's guild did Flex yesterday because they had too many people sign up, so he's got a better grasp on Flex.

But on Monday, my group on Thrall MAY be doing Flex, and I can ask to see if a few of WT members could join us since we can go up to 25. (they use Mumble btw not vent). Granted I know Riehl (my raid leader) would only want players who are competent in what they are doing and have good listening/direction following and survival skills AND also have the minimum gear requirement (i think its about 505-510.

However if you guys would rather do it on your own, or Riehl declines inviting people cross realm, it will still just be this one week (as I am promised).

Scratch that, we're doing it sunday...and we're doing a speed clear of it so I don't think he's willing to bring people in cross realm

Last edited by Shoozadin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 14:11:10; edited 1 time in total
Lokadtwist

Hmm couldn't seem to vote. *shrug* Oh well, I'm personally fine either way. It's gonna take hard work and commitment no matter which raid we do. That being said it would be kinda nice to see the new content. Happy

As for raiding cross realm, I'm in. Loka's at 522 atm and I think Gemsteel is at 507 and Zeelorata is 508 just to provide options.
Fuglee
Officer

Well Atm flex is the same as normal just the hp and damage is scaled down. All the mechanics are the same just lower damage and 1 maybe 2 of the fights are 1 tankable if enough gear for flex that is. So far have did first 4 on both flex and normal and for the most part it's not that bad. first boss is a real push over the next ones start needing more focus and dps. I don't see us having too much problems with the first 2 bosses on normal but I think for the 3rd we would be shy on dps and the 4th 1 needs even more dps(with 5 dps doing 120k+ each we was hitting the enrage timer).

Atm I would there isn't no problem of doing what we did with tot and kill the first boss maybe the 2nd and then farm flex/tot untill we got caught up in gear to push into higher stuff.
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

I believe that's the plan Shrug. Normal till we get stuck then gear up with FLex and still progress on normal.

Now we just need 10 people to show up, and still need to fix our 2nd raid day to make it available to more people.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: