Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beefus
Officer

re: GODDAMMIT!

Well, if anyone's wondering where I took off to, I decided it was time (after about 3 years) to give my comp a fresh install of windows. BIG fucking mistake. I'm getting BSOD's left and right, with all the latest drivers, etc, etc, etc. That's the last time I EVAR do that.
Kam`
Janitor

oO).

Know anyone with a clean "full" version? They could loan ya the discs...

I'd help ya, but like a dumbass who's 2,000 miles away, I'm uh.. um... 2,000 miles away!!

/comfort
Owlglass
Friend of WT

Sorry to hear that, Beefy. My sympathies go out to you, my laptop crashes almost daily now. confused
Beefus
Officer

It's a driver issue I do believe. /sigh but i can't tell because the BSOD's i get are BLANK >
Aladdin
Friend of WT

I want my mac back!

sry to hear of your troubles - well i would be sry to hear if i could hear - fucking vista sp 1. BURN IN HELL!
Beefus
Officer

So, if only I had thought it was this easy. Uninstalled Catalyst 8.7 drivers. Rebooted. Windows starts up and says "hey i need graphics drivers!". Downloads and installs Catalyst 6.9 drivers. Happiness ensues.

for the love of fuck! >.<

XD
Aladdin
Friend of WT

Pure awesome pal!
naioro

I was browsing your guild's forum, saw this topic and I think I have something for you that will make your life a lot easier for the future installs of windows. Maybe you already know that but hey... this is what I know:
My OS now is Vista SP1, but not long ago I had XPsp2. I just want to say that this trick works with both.
Basically is a full partition backup and next time you have to install windows with all drivers, office, and the other loads of software you use (including wow if you want), it will not be longer than 5-10 minutes.

You must have 2 partitions on your hard disk
1. install win and all you need (office, winamp, BS player, antivirus... ALL! Happy ) on partition c:\
2. download and install "acronis true image 11"
3. make an acronis CD
4. boot from that disk and after it loads choose backup... entire partition... and make a backup of your entire c:\ . It will be a .tib file, put it on D:\ or anywhere where it's safe. (mine is 2.5Gb with vista)
5. when your windows crashes, format c:\, then boot from your acronis CD again, choose restore partition, c:\ and next, next, next... 2 minutes of loading and voila... your brand new windows working just fine.

* After you made the CD, you don't need the acronis software installed EVER!
* If you want, I can send you the image of that CD (under 30Mb) and just burn it using the "burn image to disk" tool from nero.

Of course you will have to update your antivirus, maybe a few apps or install new ones but hey... it A LOT faster.

I will be back on this topic in case you didn't understand something.

I hope this was useful.
Cheers
naioro
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: