Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abijim

re: Just a thought about raiding...

Hey guys. I just had some thoughts about our new raid schedule that is coming up and a few things come to mind. Please feel free to comment, i would like to know what people think, since Ive had some time to think about it.

1.) I am worried that with the current people that we have that do play daily. I don't think we will have the numbers, and the correct raid composition/utilities we need. I wonder if it is a good idea if we should start to recruit new members again. It does suck when we have a raid planned, and people show up, but we don't have enough for a 10-man, and we kinda form dungeons. And kinda leave others to their own things.
I want us to succeed in any raid that we touch, but as of late we haven't had the numbers to do so, and have been forced to PuG raids, or run with other guilds (Not saying that is a bad thing.)
If we need an active recruiting person, i will gladly assist in anyway i can. I have time on my hands now, and i am willing to do whatever it takes.

2.) We need to have an active calender. Now i know that sometimes people post stuff, and most of the time everyone goes through with it. But most of the time, we don't. It would be nice for someone other than DV to post something, and have a good turnout. I think i may start to post events, and still continue to do so regardless of turnout. (IE What i did back in the Naxx Days doing the Weekend raids for people who couldn't make it on weekdays.)
With some of these events, i would like to focus on getting people Geared through Heroics, and Zandalari Dungeons with 1 character of their choosing. I know people can use the dungeon finder, but i think it kinda boosts Guild moral and such if we did them together.

3.) I know that some people are just not into the game anymore, or just burnt out. But i think it is important for us to stay strong, and to keep the interest going for everyone. Not just for ourselves. I love Wicked Tribe, it is my home and always will be. And i want to fight to keep it that way. I have seen some of our former guild mates, leave us, and regret doing it because they are not used to the style that other guild have. We have our own casual and very mature style that doesn't exist much anywhere else.

Anyways sorry about my rambling,I hope you guys share the same feelings as i do. And PLEASE if you have thoughts/Comments. Say them here! Lets get the ball rolling again guys!

-Jim
Ragepyre
Officer

Yeah I briefly discussed this with Dv, stating that "We will have to.... no we will NEED to PuG people. It is inevitable".
As for the calendar posts, I posted raids for 2 months, and not a single raid happened for one reason, we always ended up with 1 tank and 1 healer. Also, Lurt posted about a months worth of raids as well, and we didn't do a single one of those. I don't know what it is exactly, but when anybody other than Dv posts something, it kinda gets ignored. If they see a raid saying "Scheduled by Vilvaldi" that grabs their attention because he is the GM. Though I am a "Warlord", it just doesn't have the same appeal. This could be true, this could be a complete guess, who knows. We do have a LOT of newcomers (typically low-level) in the guild that doesn't know the tribe ranking system, and have no idea what "Tribe", "Wicked", and "Warlord" is.

For reference here is the ranking system:
Inactive - Attained when you are offline for a month. (We used to remove inactive toons, but guild rep changed that)
Initiate - Default rank (Usually for newcomers)
Tribe - Equal to initiate, but slightly more guild bank access (We acknowledge that you are one of us)
Wicked -Authenticator rank only, a lot more access to the guild bank
Veteran - Hardly given to anyone, just means been a long-time member
Officer - No authenticator required, this rank is for people who are online enough, and gives them inviting to guild capabilities, and a small amount of access to the officer tab. No access to Officer chat however.
Warlord - Authenticator required, the actual officer of the guild, or Lieutenant or however you want to put it. Inviting, promoting, removing capabilities, lots of access to the officer tab. MoTD changes, Officer chat channel, the works
Guild Master - Vilvaldi, nuff said.
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

Just a quick correction to rage's post -- veteran is no longer there. ANY rank above tribe requires an authentictor.

As for jim's post. These things have been an issue for WT for as far back as I can remember. It's one of the downsides of being casual. There is NO mandatory attendance.

As for recruiting, imo, if your guild is not at least 3/7 Firelands the only people you are going to recruit are gonna be bad. And unfortunately we haven't even finished T11. Once we are in FL if you want to try to recruit go for it and god speed and good luck and all that jazz. You can try to recruit now but not quite sure how it would go. I can just see members of Red October and Trained Monkeys waiting to join.
Abijim

I would lobe to help out with recruiting. Once we do get to FL, ill start activley looking. DO we still have a recruiting page on the Wow Forums? And maybe one of you can give me the rundown on the procedures involved.

But i will be putting events on the calendar. And sticking with them. It could be Old School, dungeons, raids, whatever.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: