Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

re: Locked forum

yes I did it, I locked it after suffering thru a migrane after reading it. Hahahahahahaha E loot system is broken and that's it. A feral/feral winning a caster staff because he potentially could be a chicken or a tree is wrong unless no one else can use the item. Hence why you won't find me in LFR ora PUG.
Gordox
Friend of WT

hah, I've lost the haste staff and dagger, plus the nice dps caster trinks that drop from other bosses, to either feral druids or healers, and have come to notice that the lower your fail dps/damage is the better luck you have at winning gear, LFR fails and even though the gear is nice upgrade, its still faster than running 5 man heroics for 250vp points, otherwise I could give two shits about it.

Deff agree that just cause your class can use it doesn't mean you should get it, they need to work on the loot system, if you have that tier piece you shouldn't get to roll on it again, you que'd for that spec so you only get to roll on the gear that obtains for that spec, ect.....ramble ramble ramble I could go on and on but LFR loot is borked!

so I'm going to ....and the new loot system in my mind was a great idea it just needs to be refined, lets face it WT isn't the best raiding guild out there and in fact not even close, the LFR made it nice to see end game content without having to commit to a full time raiding guild or nerf the content like they did in WoLK. Plus your able to get gear that is "nerfed" from the regular 10& 25 man but yet "end game gear". I also do like the idea of not having to worry about joining a pug "aka LFR system" and having a class that cant even use the item only rolling on it to boost their GS.

And unfortunately I will agree that an upgrade is an upgrade, I struggled so long on the lock trying to get every possible dps gain I could from him and nothing worked untill I started getting some of the higher end gear from the current content at the time, it has yet to disappoint me on any toon other than the huntard, basically cause they are farmtards.

OK I'm done now.
Kam`
Janitor

Just a thought- if Zaka and I weren't giving you migraines, we weren't doing our jobs.

@Lurt:
I completely agree that Blizz needs to fix their loot "modulus" and your comments cause me to ponder a few things.

WT wrote a lot of the plays that other guilds copied when Wrath was new, on Doomhammer anyways. In the days before TankSpot "KinderRaid" videos, a few of us took notes. Why we didn't attract more and become the top Horde raiding guild was mainly my fault. We had our chances early on in WotLK, but our make-or-break raid was Malygos (we did not get that fuck on farm status 10 or 25 soon enough due a variety of problems); so "we" decided to stay small and do our thing and partner on Heroix, and to continue to recruit mainly by word-of-mouth.

We still have uncommonly high retention and lower turnover than most. By the numbers, we were at right about #30 in gear levels (wowjitsu, etc), but that isn't the full story, WT was more like THE top 10-man guild for months and months; the fact that we got that high in guild ratings while only pug'ing a few 25's is testament to how serious and capable our raiding "core" players were; we could repeatedly max characters in 200+ gear levels in under a week. Hell, look at Urchin's characters... before Uldaman!

If you add up all the "UBER 25 Man Guilds" that have come and gone since Zul'Gurub was put in the game (yes, WT is that old, pre-TBC, have SS of the original charter (Nov 2006) BEFORE "The Devil's Rejects" splintered and became HAVOC etc) and see where their UBER sexy members went, it's no surprise that our overall guild model has endured. ((EDIT:HAVOC is coincedently, Dommhammer's "top" Horde Guild as of this writing; 1/8 DS 10H. A few of us were former guildmates with Rezz' and Ondo, and Dysmartyr, etc. What's kinda sad is that DH's "top" raid guild is Drow [A] and they're like 950th or something in the world? Our server's top raiding guilds by that standard are nowhere near top raiding guilds either /boggle))

If being who we were; who we are; isn't being a top raiding guild, then I suppose our criteria differs. WT is still top 100 on the server of T13 guilds even with the faction disadvantage and half the guild MIA, KIA, XFER, REROLL, MILF-IRL, or playing Farmville.

Next kill, even on 10r, will put WT at 79th spot or higher.

Just something to think about.

Lastly, at the risk of sounding "overly-offended by virtue of volume of counter-argument" (and I'm not), think about this analogy: our guild is a little like a Chevrolet Corvette; whether it is a top performing World Sports Car, or just a clunky old collectible, depends mightily on what criteria you're using and what era you have under the microscope.

Other top raiding guilds? DeLoreans, Lambo's, M1s, Meraks, Mirages, etc...

Again, YMMV

=)

Also, I've noticed that none of the new "LFL" Looking-For-Loot Gear is flagged "Unique"- is that a benefit? Or an oversight?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: