Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

re: Panda Raiding

After lack luster attendance and performance we are going to have to change our methodology with this expansions raiding.

If you want to go, please sign up on the toon you wish to bring, this stops confusion sorting out healers/tanks etc.

After speaking to others who have progressed though this 1st tier of raiding and reading some forum posts we are going to have to implement some criteria for being able to attend.

Tanks -> minimum of 400k hps the more the better.

Healers -> I am still looking for some standards

and most importantly DPS...

DPS needs to be doing 30k+ MINIMUM on bosses, and that number is probably still too low. Due to low number last week we were missing about 105k dps which equals 6.3million hps/minute. With bosses having so many hps this equals fail, the healers mana pool is gone and tanks only have so many cooldowns.

So starting now, if you know you cant hit those number please do not sign up and try to gear yourself up to be able to hit those numbers. If you don't know your dps, find out, there are simple add-ons, other members with add-ons, its not hard. If you need help with stat priority, reforging/gemming and rotation, ask around. Check out www.noxxic.com, it has great guides.

If you think you can hit those numbers but do not, you will be asked to leave the raid and we will attempt to find a replacement. If no replacement can be found we will just have to call the raid.

This may seem harsh coming from a casual guild, but people seem to want to raid and to be able to do so certain criteria must be met and upheld to progress and not waste everyone's time.

This is NOT faceroll DS at the end of an expansion. This is new content, full strength no debuffs. Healers cant keep you alive if you don't follow the mechanics, and if they do, their mana is so low from saving your ass others that take unavoidable damage are not going to get the heals they need because you were too lazy to not stand in the shit.

I know this probably wont sit well with some people, but this is how it has to go for us as a guild to progress. If you feel this is too much pressure or not for you, just don't sign up. IF that's not enough enjoy the <Trained Monkeys> or <Red October>
Ragepyre
Officer

Seems about right. It feels as if we are not getting them down in health at ALL before the healers go completely oom. What was our latest attempt? 74%? That was with 9 people as well. So if people learn their rotations, find a way to keep them above 30k and also avoid damage, then on our first attempt I'd like to see the boss around 50% health.
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

With increased dps and people not dying to mines or chains there is no reason they aren't already dead. That's why we are going to have to do something different.

Like Brent said, last attempt with 9 people 74%, which is where we were with 10 the week prior.........

DPS is not just pew pew pew anymore, its proper usage of cd's, avoidance of shit on the ground and following simple game mechanics. Raids really haven't changed since vanilla minus increased health pools. A few simple rules:

1. Don't stand in the shit
2. Maximize your dps
3. Don't stand in the shit
4. group up or spread out
5. Don't stand in the shit

nough said[/list]
Shoozadin

I'd also like to add that if gear is a problem, DPS should start asking for people to run them through heroics. I personally have 2 healers AND a tank that can get faster quest to help pull people through heroics. And I know Brent has a Tank, Dv has a Tank, even Audace has a tank. We have plenty of tanks and healers to pull our DPS through.

Also, if people need crafted gear, they shouldn't be afraid to ask for help from guildmates. I already have a que of things to make with leatherworking after I complete Dv's gloves. I know I'm not the only one with epic patterns. Brent may need help getting the kyparite to complete his blacksmithing book from the klaxxi (which tbh, Brent, I can collect all that for you in 2 hours, you just need to tell me how many patterns you're missing). Brorfusk has all of the patterns (just have to hope he has spirits on him at the time). I'm pretty sure Zaka's tailor is close to being exalted with the Shado-pan so that's what? Tailoring and/or enchants?

We have the resources to help gear our dps because let's face it, I tried to do a heroic on my hunter the only day and 45 minutes later and no que pop, I logged. The heroic ques are long, and I think we should all band together to help at leas gear our dps to a 463 ilevel. I run both LFRs every week on 2 healers, so I'm more than happy to help a DPS get through the que faster, they just need to *ask*

I hope I'm not alone on my opinions of this.
SolusEmsu
Officer

Asking for help from guildies is why we have a guild!

My enchanter will be Revered with the Shado-Pan tomorrow, which gives us epic-level enchants for our weapons.

The epic tailoring patterns I have not even -seen- yet though. The vendor only sells PvP patterns? Well, I know a few, but only like gloves/robe or something, from Golden Lotus.
Shoozadin

I believe gloves and chest pieces are the only epic craftables right now. The weapons (at least for blacksmithing) are only 463. I'm not sure about the staves from inscription.

EDIT: After some research I have discovered that the epic tailoring patterns (excluding the ones dropped out of the raids) Are purchased from the Golden Lotus quartermaster, Jaluu the Generous, and only requires a reputation standing of honored to purchase them for gold. He can be found at 74.2 , 42.6 in the vale. There are a total of 6 of these patterns, all of which only require imperial silk to craft
SolusEmsu
Officer

Inscription can craft 476 epic staves, but they are BoA only for the scribe's account, sadly. The tradeable staves are 424 blue, level 85.

Checked, yes, my tailor knows the 476 epic glove/chest tailoring patterns, for our lovely casters. Happy
Shoozadin

Yay! and that really does suck for the staves. Seems casters got jipped out of nice weapons, but it also seemed like the staff out of one of the heroics (I cannot recall which), seems to have a rather high drop rate.

Now that Seveah was kind enough to show me her farming spot for motes, I'll be able to churn out the LW epics a lot faster, as well as get a start on the plate ones on my paladin. *yay*
Ragepyre
Officer

I need about 200 Kypyrite to buy the rest of the patterns. I would farm it myself, but my Miner is only level 85 and gets crushed by mobs out in the dreadwastes .
Gordox
Friend of WT

Still on the server if you guys need help, once i get off nights plan to start working on the preist and mage to make them raid rdy.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: