Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kam`
Janitor

re: Wicked Tribe, Name FAQ

The name comes from Tad Williams' "Otherland" series of Science Fiction books. Some love them, some hate them; everyone's a critic. The Wicked Tribe was a group of tiny, child-like, monkey hackers.
Watsi
Officer

re: What does Watsi mean anyway ?

Yes it does mean something .. I was trying to make a name a few years ago and nothing came to me ... so I looked and saw my watch ... then I looked and saw the can of pepsi after that I just smashed em together and thus Wat(ch)(pep)si .... yip ... that's right that's Watsi . And yes it is alll my fault !
Aladdin
Friend of WT

haha thats awesome watsi... take a wild stab how i stumbled across Aladdin.
Wargra
Officer

ehhh I dunno, your best friend wouldnt be a giant blue genie would it??? Happy

I normally just find a word something and flip it around, my last names are always the reverse of my first heh. Wargra was one I actually came up with...
sera/jor

Well since we are going there. Sera came from a series of books
by David Eddings. thought it was funny that i was reading the name wrong the whole time i was reading the series

Sera
Beefus
Officer

Xenim: First time playing D&D with Evil, Shatter, and Halfaprayer... trying to think of a name for my character, a human necromancer... I look over at evil and say "Pick a letter."

"X!!!!"
"Smartass......" I look at Shatter... "Pick a vowel."
"Q!!!"
>.< "Q's not a vowel, ass."

and it just kinda went from there.

I suppose I should add on to that.

Obeahman - When people say the word "Voodoo" you think, black magic, evil rituals, possession, dolls, zombies, etcetera. To tell you the truth, Voodoo is actually a religion based on a mixture of African and Christian beliefs. The practice of Obeah is all the "voodoo dolls" black magic, evil shit... When someone's having a streak of bad luck it's actually common in Jamaican culture (from what I've discovered in my research) to say "The Obeah man's been to your house!" That's where obe's name came from!

Margesimp - Marge Simpson, big purple beehive hairdo. 'Nuff said.
ript

ript was just an old school nick that i've had from the bbs (pre internet, zomg) days.. anyone familiar with the warez scene.. you had your crackers, rippers, couriers.. well, i ran a large 0day site for a while, and ript was a ripped down 'ripped' (ah the pun potential there boggles the mind).. while i am physically fit, it does not apply to body building as most people think. ript was my handle, and it persisted thru into mIRC, WoW, and more people know me in r/l as ript now than they do my real name.
Beefus
Officer

The question is though, do you even remember your own real name?
Wargra
Officer

!
Aladdin
Friend of WT

It's Sebastian or Wadworth - i bet it is! Yep, gotta be.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: