Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

re: Raiding

I want to apologize for my leaving abruptly last night. I am just frusterated with our lack of raiding atm. It seems a lot of people are just in this for themselves. Last night I had people whispering me saying things like 'I only want to go if we are doing ToT.'

We are trying to get a competent group together to this but right now it is easier said then done.

I am trying my best, myself and others are trying to recruit our missing slots.

Again sorry for bailing like that but I have had enough of, what seems like, people just caring about what is best for them and not caring about the rest of the guild. I am ready to hand over raid scheduling to someone else if this keeps up. I am at the point I dread raid days because 8 out of 10 times someone is gettign upset or angry about the situation.

Hoping Thursday goes better.....
Shoozadin

Yanno I have been asking around a bit and it seems that all the horde guilds (especially the casual ones) are struggling to put raids together lately. A lot of people left the server when the transfers were half off, which crippled a lot of guilds on Doomhammer. Most guilds have started doing combined raiding teams, where members of a couple guilds get together instead of trying to do their own. It may be worth a shot while we are struggling to find people?
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

In my experience, granted this was when you had to field 40 person raids, that mix-guild raiding doenst work in the long term and has the potential to great a lot of drama.

I am almost to the point of trying to do that, I just dread pugs and non guildies in progression raids due to lots and lots of bad times doing it in the past.

Hopefully this problem will rectify itself with members returning and some sucessful recruitment.
Ragepyre
Officer

Yeah sorry about last night as well. I've been dying to raid lately, but it just hasn't been happening at all. Like I said, Thunder is beyond ready to raid, so I'd be bringing him to MSV, HoF, or ToES, and bring Rage for ToT progression because he is a better dps. But if we were to struggle at any point in the previous raids, I would quickly sub Rage in.
As for the "pug" I went to last night, I was asked by Jini, a long time friend on the server since the old days, to help out Animosity, because it seems that they are having a hard time filling as well. While I waited to see if we were actually going to raid last night, they managed to 9 man the first boss, but came to a halt at Horridon when they were too short on dps. After we confirmed that we were raiding, I figured I'd help out, seeing as it was monday and the raids were resetting anyway. And as we engaged Horridon, as soon as I tagged him with my sword, all of a sudden people said "We are going to raid". I immediately got mad because I had spent all that time double-checking that we weren't going to raid.
As soon as I told Animosity that I had to go, Dv logged off, so that was that.

No idea if it's my fault that we didn't raid last night, but I'll apologize anyway.
Like I've said 1000 times, Guild Raids > Everything else. And I hold to that word.
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

It is no one faults except probably mine for not activily recruiting in decent people to keep us going.

It was night before reset we weren't going there even if we did raid so that's ok. It is more the whispers about what people will do and wont do that pissed me off.

Hoping it all gets better in the next few days
SolusEmsu
Officer

If you are getting this upset over it, Dv, I am sure someone else can step up to do the scheduling.

... Rage, Rock Paper Scissors time? :D

But really, yeah .. a couple new faces would be good to give us a roster. Would you like for me to start actively recruiting around Doomhammer? (ie. in chat: Trade and/or General)
Shoozadin

For the record, if you can find a tank faster than a healer or dps (Prob wont but w/e) I will switch to something else...whatever gets us in the door, tbh.
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

I think everyone is willing to switch specs to progress. I am actively looking on doomhammer, but I refuse to spam trade etc.

I dont mind scheduling and setting up the raids but people need to understand that this is a process and to quote the rolling stones, 'you cant always get what you want'

I want to be close to done with ToT by the time the new raid comes out........clock is ticking.

I feel bad for Deadkin, he has come over ready to go, but we haven't done shit since he arrived....FUCK!!
Phaythless1

I really wish I had more time to raid with you guys, but work owns my soul.

As I have said before, (and this is by no means a request) if raids were a bit earlier then I could go, but current raid time leaves me with an hour before I have to leave. And I fully understand that some people can't raid earlier, so it brings us to a hard crossroad.

Heres to hoping something changes with the job situation so I have more free time to join in
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

I many put a saturday raid on the schedule and see if anyone bites.
SolusEmsu
Officer

I think the trick to a weekend raid might be to schedule it for several weeks in advance at a time. That way, people will not miss it during the 1-2 days in advance they had to see it? I know this has happened a couple times, people forget to check the calendar every day and miss a Saturday event because it was scheduled like, late Thursday night/Friday morning.

Since it is on the weekend, could also put it up for different times, maybe, or put in the raid description that the times could change if people need, since people tend to be more open on the weekends.

Last edited by SolusEmsu on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:53:14; edited 1 time in total
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

I was going to shoot for between 730-8pm server. but it will be late notice, i forgot to do it last night
Shoozadin

Is Saturday meant as a third raid day or to exchange either monday or thursday for saturday?
SolusEmsu
Officer

That may depend on whom is available to go. If our core group is available, might as well use it for main raid. If some are not, or something else arises, can use for an alt raid or something.

As Monday showed us again, it feels good to just be able to go in and do it, even if it is 'a tier behind' the current end.
Lokadtwist

Just in case I haven't said it enough I'll say it again: The reason I raid is for the *chance* to get something, not a guarantee. Heck even if there is no chance Loka will get something useful to her, it's in Loka's best intrest to help others to get the gear they need because that makes it that much easier to move on to content that does have something good for Loka. Call it motivated self interest if you will or the means to an end. Happy

As for Saturdays, if I can be there I will but most of the time it will be unlikely. Dv, you may not recall the good pugs we've managed to get (admittedly they are few) but when we do get good pugs they are quite good. Thinking of the healer that we got in BoT and Dreadpreist specifically. I think that if we need to pug, we should but! and this is a big but: We do so without the expectation of progressing further than we could without pugging a spot. All it affords us is a chance to get loot, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyhows that's enough of my ranting, just wanted mainly to say raiding is an excuse to hang out with everyone. The fact that occasionally there are party favors is gravy. Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: