Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

re: Looking for a new UI

I have been using Xperl since forever and am interested in a change. What, if any, UI addons do you use, attach an in-combat screenshot if possible. Advice, hints etc. I was looking at ElvUI but not sure its what I want.
Wargra
Officer

Best UI I've had to date, had to reinstall when I came back this time...If you want a blown up size, go to the details in general gallery.

Tukui UI

Forum Image
Shoozadin

You say ElvUI Isnt what you wanted, but here's a video of it in use (My UI). It has been modified a bit since I recorded this, but this is my tank setup.

I love this UI...hands down.

Shown add-ons are:
Elvui
VuhDo (Party frames, but Elvui has it's own, I just choose to use VuhDo because I also use it for healing)
Skada
Parrot (scrolling text)
Chocolate Bar (the bar across the top screen)

Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

ELvUI and Tukui UI are all from the same webpage and seem very similar and I like the looks of it. Anybody know the difference? What is the set up like, last time i tried to switch, I forget which add-on it was, the setup process took about 2 hours and then I didn't even like it.

If either of you has used Xperl, in your opinion, is it better? It seems cleaner and I like their graphic styles
Ragepyre
Officer

My opinion in replacing xperl? Use Pitbull, it's an awesome addon, I was forced to use Xperl again after it broke back in Cata, but I believe they fixed it. I'll use it in my next video that I record.
Shoozadin

From my personal experience, Elvui is fairly easy to set up. I recently converted Jim to it as well. It acts similar to bartender or Xperl in the way that you can enter a config mode and drag things around to where you want. (Hit the Toggle anchors button in the elvui config window to do so).

The first time I set up Elvui, it took me about half an hour. I've been slowly tweaking it ever since and I cannot play without it anymore.

As for simply replacing Xperl with Pitbull - I found pitbull to be incredibly difficult and time consuming to set up, though it is a nice add-on if you know what you are doing, but it is not beginner friendly.

I have used Xperl, and I liked it, until I found Elvui. Both myself and Youuk were having framerate problems while using Xperl and when we switched, both of our framerates jumped about 20-30 fps from where they were. Jim's computer went the opposite way and dropped a few fps when switching. I found xperl to be very bulky and cluttered and it had way too many features that I simply did not use or did not care for.

Elvui has a lot of nice features built in, such as an accounting for all of your characters (just hover over your gold amount and it will show you the totals for all of your toons). The calendar is displayed through the on-screen clock. All you have to do is click it to bring up the calendar, and it will flash when there is new event invites. If you hover over the clock it will also display upcoming events, world boss dead/alive status (for your toon) and raid lockout timers in a small tooltip. I have it set to show my durability %, a 1-click talent spec change, how many people are online in the guild, how many realID friends are online, and the bag space I have w/ gold info and all that fun stuff. By switching to Elvui I eliminated about 8 other add-ons that I had previously been using.

Elvui and TukiUI are made by the same creators. Tuki is a bit more minimalistic than Elvui is. Most of the differences is cosmetic that I've seen. You can easily compare UIs between Warga and my own (I will upload the most recent tank set-up I use). I'm not 100% sure on how Tuki is to set up, but I do know Elvui has a built in "installer" that will get you at the basics in about 30 seconds, everything past that is tweaking it to your own personal liking (which I can help you with if you like).

Forum Image
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

I think I am going to give ElvUI a try. I see a a lot of add-ons for the add-on, do you use any? or is there a 'core' type download for it? Guess I should probably look at their website... Lazy I am.

I probably wont have a chance tonight but maybe tomorrow after raid you can answer questions, I am sure I will have plenty.
Shoozadin

yeah of course I can help you set it up.

One thing I forgot to mention is you HAVE to use the website to download AND update it. *Do not use curse* The developers do not update the curse files. I made this mistake once and updated through curse and it wiped all my settings. However if you do update through the website [just re-download the file and drag/drop it into your addons folder (even the config folder)] it will not actually wipe your setup
Vilvaldi
Guild Leader

I no longer use curse. My log-in issue the last week was being caused by Curse Client and after speaking with BLizzard tech support, they do NOT recommend using it. The tech even went to say and this is almost a direct quote " I know it is a pain in the ass, but get your add ons from the source, or download them idividually from curse and install them yourself. Many, Many, Many account thefts can be narrowed down to a couple sources, gold selling and curse client being the top 2"
Shoozadin

I stopped using curse on my PC when my antivirus demanded to remove it because of some hidden shit inside of the program.

This is where I downloaded it. Just click the download button, unpack the zip file and drop it into your add-ons folder

http://www.tukui.org/dl.php
Wargra
Officer

Shooz is right, Tukui is a more of a minimalistic look, but has all the normal information, it just keeps it hidden until you want it. You put it in your addons folder, when you login it pops a window up and you click accept 4 times and it resets and your done. Also have a addon that embeds skada into the right combat window, and keeps everything clean.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wicked Tribe Forum Index -> News and General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: